200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166
Aaron Siri is the Managing Partner of Siri & Glimstad LLP and has extensive experience in a wide range of complex civil litigation matters, including acting as counsel for clients in multiple disputes exceeding one billion dollars.
Representative matters on which Mr. Siri has worked include:
- Successfully obtained dismissal of an action claiming purported ownership of three large parcels in Astoria, Queens, recently sold for approximately $50 million, upon which there is a commenced $1.5 billion redevelopment project (Compurun, Inc. d/b/a Rainbow Prime Products v. Famitech Inc. et al., Index No. 708713/2014 (Queens Sup. Ct.));
- Represented BVI based company in trial court and appellate practice regarding an action seeking $16 million based on purported breaches of contract and fiduciary duty related to the construction of a steel plant in the Republic of Kazakhstan (Garthon Business Inc. et al. v. Stein et al., Index No. 653715/2014 (N.Y. Sup. Ct.));
- Recovered over $11 million from New York City’s reputed largest excavation and foundation company based on alleged breaches of fiduciary duty related to the management of an ESOP (Gatto et al. v. Sentry Services, Inc. et al., No. 13-cv-05721-RMB-GWG (S.D.N.Y.));
- Successfully disqualified a Spanish yacht club as the challenger and qualified an American yacht club as the challenger for the America’s Cup as well as numerous successful subsequent contempt motions (Golden Gate Yacht Club v. Societe Nautique De Geneve, 18 Misc. 3d 1111(A), 856 N.Y.S.2d 24 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2007) order reinstated 12 N.Y.3d 248 (2009));
- Represented victims in six separate adversarial proceeding seeking non-dischargeability of various debts arising from various complicated financial transactions and which resulted in judgments totaling over $5 million (Pro. Nos. 13-08321; 13-08323; 13-08324; 13-08219; 13-08218; and 13-08220 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.));
- Commenced Article 78 petition related to revising the system by which approximately one billion dollars is allocated among the N.Y.C. Dep’t of Education’s school busing contractors which resulted in an expedited settlement for the client (Amboy Bus Co. v. Klein et al., Index No. 105004/2010 (N.Y. Sup. Ct.));
- Appointed class counsel in a case alleging breaches of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) which resulted in a settlement of $10,500,000 (Thomas v. Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp., 15-cv-3194 (S.D. Cal.));
- Appointed class counsel in case regarding TCPA which resulted in a settlement of $25,000,000 in cash and millions of dollars in free service (Buchanan v. Sirius XM, 17-cv-0728 (N.D. Texas));
- Obtained temporary restraining orders prohibiting the further movement of approximately 35,000 pounds of cashews which quickly resulted in a favorable settlements (Ultra Trading International Ltd. v. Intimex Group Joint Stock Company, No. 651672/2014 (N.Y. Sup. Ct.); Ultra Trading International Ltd. v. Phuong Duy Co. Ltd, No. 655777/2016 (N.Y. Sup. Ct.));
- Represented shareholders regarding dispute involving their asserted $100 million interest in a privately held company;
- Successfully upholded Caesars Bahamas right to withdraw from a project that was in the process of developing the largest casino resort in the Caribbean (Caesars Bahamas Inv. Corp. v. Baha Mar Joint Venture Holdings Ltd., 75 A.D.3d 419, 420 (1st Dep’t 2010));
- Initiated action against the seller, shipper, logistics company and freight forwarder regarding the conversion of over 3,000 high-end watches which resulted in a favorable settlement (Delta Sales Group Co., Inc. v. Cargo Logistics Network Co. et al., No. 1:12-cv-03751-RJS (S.D.N.Y.));
- Represented the leaseholder of the retail portions of the World Trade Center in an arbitration related to insurance coverage arising out of the destruction of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001;
- Successfully instituted action alleging the breach of a distribution agreement against one of the world’s largest food manufacturers that resulted in a confidential settlement agreement (Adamba Imports International, Inc. v. Kraft Foods, Inc., No. 1:12-cv-00729-SJ-VVP (E.D.N.Y.));
- Successfully brought action to recover millions of dollars converted by a broker-dealer involving a complex series of transactions which froze all assets of an alleged broker-dealer and compelled disclosure of financial documentation revealing the conversion of these funds (Bak et al. v. Sledziejowski et al., No. 022232/2012 (Kings Sup. Ct.));
- Successfully responded to SEC inquiries related to an investigation of a major investment bank that summarily ended the SEC investigation;
- Represent publicly traded international Indian based technology company in action to recover more than $182 million owed on alleged bond default and successfully defeating motion for summary judgment in lieu of complaint (Pala Assets Holdings Ltd v. Rolta, LLC, No. 652798/2018, 2019 WL 2929558 (N.Y. Sup. Ct.));
- Represent not-for-profit New York hospital in 24 different litigations regarding demutualization of a medical malpractice insurance company by Berkshire Hathaway and to date successfully recovered payments of more than $2 million (Wyckoff Heights Medical Center v. Cadot, No. 500012/2019 (Kings Sup. Ct.))
- Defended against an action claiming purported majority ownership in an entity which purchased two condominium projects in Florida for over $16 million, which included a precedent setting interlocutory appeal to the Third District Court of Appeals which clarified the standard in Florida for maintaining a lis pendens (LED Trust, LLC et al. v. Schwartz et al., Case No. 2011-35999-CA-01 (Miami-Dade County Cir. Ct.));
- Served as counsel for former major kosher poultry manufacturer against the nation’s largest kosher poultry manufacturer in claim seeking millions in damages that resulted in a confidential settlement (MVP Kosher Foods LLC v. Empire Kosher Poultry, Inc., 14-CV-6072 (E.D.N.Y.));
- Co-lead trial counsel in an ESOP class action matter involving alleged breaches of fiduciary duty which resulted in a total recovery of approximately $2.5 million (Kindle v. Dejana, No. 14-cv-6784 (E.D.N.Y.)).
Prior to founding Siri & Glimstad, Mr. Siri was a litigation attorney at Latham & Watkins for over five years. Before Latham, Mr. Siri clerked for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Israel (Aharon Barak) from 2004-2005 where he advised the Chief Justice of relevant American, English (including Commonwealth Countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) and International Law precedents for cases of first impression, including in the areas of entity taxation, fiduciary duties, adoption, wills, bankruptcy and corporate liability, as well as the international law implications of Israel’s planned removal, by force or otherwise, of approximately 8,500 of its citizens from the Gaza Strip/West Bank.
Mr. Siri has also been involved in various pro-bono matters, including representation of asylum applicants, housing discrimination victims (including Dunlap et al. v. Jacobs et al., 1:06-cv-06160-CM (S.D.N.Y.)), and non-profit organizations in tenant-landlord disputes, as well as being chosen as a Frank C. Newman delegate to present a paper he authored and speak before the United Nations Human Rights Sub-Commission.
Mr. Siri earned his law degree at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law where he received four Prosser Prizes and ten High Honors. He was also the Editor-in-Chief and founder of the Berkeley Business Law Journal, which he developed into a nationally recognized publication, ranked in the top 10 of 132 peer journals. Mr. Siri earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting with Honors from Yeshiva University.
Prior to law school, Mr. Siri was an auditor at Arthur Andersen LLP, where he examined internal controls and audited corporate documents for private and public micro-cap technology companies. Mr. Siri is a Certified Public Accountant.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1998-Present)
- Certified Public Accountant (2000-Present)
- American Bar Association (2003-Present)
- New York State Licensed Attorney (2005-Present)
- Empire State Counsel, New York State Bar Association (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern & Eastern Districts of New York (2006-Present)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2012-Present)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York (2015-Present)
200 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10166
West Coast Office
11201 North Tatum Boulevard
Phoenix, AZ 85028