Transverse Myelitis is neurological disorder characterized as inflammation of the spinal cord which can interrupt communications between nerve fibers in the spinal cord leading to pain and weakness.
SYMPTOMS OF TRANSVERSE MYELITIS:
Although symptoms of transverse myelitis may vary depending upon the location and the severity of the inflammation, classic symptoms of transverse myelitis include:
- Pain in the lower back, arms, or legs
- Muscle weakness of the legs and arms: People with transverse myelitis may have weakness in the legs that progresses rapidly. If the myelitis affects the upper portion of the spinal cord, weakness in the arms may also present.
- Paralysis (partial or total)
- Sensory alterations (including tingling, numbness, burning, etc.)
- Bowel and bladder dysfunction (increased frequency, incontinence, and/or constipation
SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR A TRANSVERSE MYELITIS CLAIM IN THE VACCINE INJURY COMPENSATION PROGRAM (“VICP”):
Seeking compensation for a vaccine injury can be a complex process. Our experienced attorneys are here to help you every step of the way. Although you do not need a lawyer to file a claim with the VICP, it is common for petitioners to have an experienced vaccine attorney assist them because, among other reasons, the costs of legal representation are paid by the VICP.
Siri & Glimstad regularly handle vaccine injury cases originating in any of the 50 states. We fight to obtain the compensation our clients deserve and we are ready to do the same for you.